Wednesday, November 28, 2012

blue

 This was a super simple paint job for a reason.  As soon as I got home from the Thanksgiving road trip, I headed back out to spend a couple of days out of town visiting family and friends.  My cousin/aunt has a 7th grade daughter (my cousin I guess) and she is into nail art.  She just has some of the simple kits from Urban Outfitters, etc.  She saw my nails at Thanksgiving and I told her I would show her some other simple nail art things.  I think I might have scared her a bit with so many options (rhinestones, studs, stickers, stamps, dotting, etc).  She picked up stamping really quickly.  Then I showed her how to accent the stamp polish job with some rhinestones.  It was a lot of fun and I think I have got her hooked.  But while waiting for her polish to dry before stamping, I painted my nails.

 I also wanted to show her what a jelly glitter polish is.  It can be deceptive when buying a polish that looks fantastically glitter-ific but isn't really when actually on the nail.
Plus I was able to use one of my new MAC polishes.  I know, another department store polish.  But on the way down I stopped at a outlet mall.  And there was a Beauty Company Store that has discounted Lauder brand lines (MAC, Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc).  I ended up getting two MAC polishes because they are such great polishes and they were great colors (the above blue and a deep teal, to be used sometime soon).

MAC - Ming Blue
Urban Outfitters - Chilly
China Glaze - Techno

Have you ever taught someone else to do stamping?  Have you ever been surprised by a jelly glitter polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment