Sunday, November 18, 2012

silver studs

In the Born Pretty order I got a month or so ago, I got some larger silver studs.  They have scared me because they always seemed so big.  I tested a couple out to see how they work on my nails.  Well, they are pretty flat and thin, so they even work on my tiny pinky.

For some reason I also felt like using red.  When I looked through my pinks, none of them were calling out to me.  I also knew I wanted an accent nail but nothing that would take a lot of work.  Since red was my color of choice on my toes for about four years, I actually own a lot of nice reds (OPI & Essie) so I had a lot to choose from.  It is really amazing, about 8 of them can be generalized as red, but when the bottles are lined up next to each other, they look so different.  And then, they look even more different on the nails.
 China Glaze Techno it was.  I did a couple of trials and it works really well over silver.  I tried over red and it just looked a little odd with the other red & stud nails.
I do like this look.  It would work with almost any color.  Plus, the accent nail could just be a solid silver, which in my mind would make it more elegant.  Also, if I wanted to go super Christmas cheese I could do the accent nail in a dark forest glittery green.  I think that might be a little too much for me since red & green always remind me of my high school uniforms.

OPI - Malaga Wine
China Glaze - Techno
Sally Hansen - Celeb City

Do you have a lot of red polishes that you fully know are totally different colors?  What is the largest stud you have used?

No comments:

Post a Comment