Friday, November 9, 2012

subtle stamping

I really wanted to do a paint job yesterday because I found a bag of fushia feathers in my house the night before.  I wanted to do a peacock/feather paint job, I saw it a while ago and have been wanting to do one since.  But life happened.  I went on an awesome hike to a very remote beach.  I found whale bones on the beach.  Holy smokes batman, whales are HUGE.  I know they are big, I have seen the skeletons but have never seen one up close.  Both jaw bones and a rib bone were there with a couple other pieces of bone and baleen (their 'teeth').  Each jaw bone was about 12 feet long.  I took some of the bone pieces and baleen to bring to the local science center.  It was a vast more extensive hike & exploration than I was planning on.  When I got home I was exhausted and the weather was crap.  I just didn't have the energy to paint my nails.  The good news is I might be able to go with the local science center to collect the jaw bones.

After all that time at the beach, I wanted to do a paint job that was more ocean/water than feathers.  I had to go to the drug store to pick up some other items and found three new Sinful Colors.  They might not be new, but I don't have them yet.  One is a glorious navy blue with some blue sparkle.  Another is a light baby blue with a pink sparkle (can't wait for spring to really use this one).  The last one is thick pale pink.

I used the new navy blue as the base and the baby blue for stamping.  I also wanted to use one of the new stamping plates, the closest I could find to emulate water.  It is mini swirls.  I like the overall look but it might just be too subtle for me.  I might re-stamp tomorrow with a silver.

I am not a big fan of using the flash on my camera and/or phone, there is always something off about the photos.  However, that being said, it sometimes helps with some things when the little details need to be pointed out.  It is still not a great photo but the stamping is very clear.  Now after looking at the photos, I might update it tomorrow by doing a matte top coat and then silver stamping the swirls.  The combo of matte and sparkle/metal/shiny is something else I have been wanting to play around with.

Sinful Colors - Ciao Bella, Cinderella
Wet & Wild - 469
Plate - Cheeky CH52

Have you ever done a stamp job that was intentionally subtle?  Do you use the flash on your camera/phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment